Muskie Mafia Forum  

Go Back   Muskie Mafia Forum > MuskieMafia Forums > Fish Chat

Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Muskie Master

Kozz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vermilion Lake, Springbay Resort

Not only a fish of a life time, a trip of a life time. Pulled up to the landing in Frazer bay at 3:00am. Took a nap for a few hours, and then headed out. Fishing my normal spots, I was not seeing many fish. I did see a giant mid 50 incher, looked at a pounder. After a hard day of fishing, I landed a 44.5 incher on a Mafia top water bait. Very cool. The next morning I went to Springbay resort. Nice move. The weather was misty, a little windy. Good conditions. I decided to check a spot that I seen a monster on last year. It paid off. My biggest fish, a 54 incher. Tough fight by myself. After vidio and pics, she swam off to fight another day.Wow.
16 year old Jake Hever is working at the lodge for the summer. We made arangements to go out for a few days, and it really paid off for the youngster. We moved fish on every spot we fished, and he missed a giant. As we where exited about the conditions, he asked that I show him the big fish spot. As we where going through the spot, Jakes biggest fish, 53 inches crushed a double ten. Two 50s in one day in the boat. The next morning I went out, and cought a 45 incher on a pounder. When Jake steped on the boat he then took over, catching a 44, and another 51.75. After 3 hours of sleep, we went out for the morning with no success. We seen some fish but no comitments. I then drove down to Hayward where we are getting ready for the PMTT event the weekend of the 14th. Fished for a couple hours, and bagged another 52. We will post the vidios, as soon as we have completed. Good time to get up north. Give Springbay Lodge a call. Good luck to all.
Jeff, the Kozz
Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 PM

C.C. is on a distinguished road

Great story! I hope you continue to nail the big ones. I was hoping to make Pops happy and one of those fish was on his double ten! Good luck next week.