Muskie Mafia Forum  

Go Back   Muskie Mafia Forum > MuskieMafia Forums > Fish Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Hammer is on a distinguished road
Default Sunday Tournament Heidecke

Sunday April 19th is the Day get there early to launch and do paperwork should be there around 5am to get things situated with Dale. There have been several reports of catches since opening. A 25lb fish was taken opening day.Thus far there are 31 registered contestants. Im sure there will be more that day. Dale and Timmy went out Thursday 49 degree water temps post frontal. Im looking to see fish caught in the usuall places remember guys its spring small baits shad forage slow presentation look 4 bait and warm water In Heidecke warm water and bait-fish is the spot on the spot. Once paperwork is done please launch and gather outside the breakwall you will take off in order. Please repect fellow anglers Bait I mean Bass fishermen. There is a 45 mph speed limit. Last year was the first ever tournament on the lake everything went well.Good response all around.

I would like to touch base regarding Rob Millers press release, "The 36" limit is how we manage the muskie population. Too many muskies will actually slow down the growth and population numbers for the entire species"."We need fisherman to start taking muskies over the 36" limit. Theres not many being harvestedless than 1% according to our survey. " A lot of the muskie groups want an even higher size limit--around 40"--but that really wont promote the growth of trophy-size fish." Last year Heidecke hosted its first ever muskie tourney, an event sponsored by the Illinois Muskie Tournament Trail. Bigger Fish are attracting Serious tournament attention as well as trophy anglers to this lake once only regarded for its striper catch.
I would like to comment Rob Miller is an outstanding biologist, I feel his data is accurrate however I want to offer a solution other than harvest How many anglers would dedicate a day to transport shocked muskies over 36"to lake X? The resources are available. The Muskie Mafia will raise money whatever it takes for Rob. I dont think there are enough Muskie waters local how about lake X I spoke to Rob last year regarding the transport-stocking Im looking forward to his decision can you imagine a Muskie water close to home.Lets make this happen.
Look forward to seeing everyone on the water I have gotten alot of response from sponsors so look forward to giveaways. Payout is based on the amount of contestants. Overflow parking will be at the visitor center if need be. Look for the Big Black Muskie Mafia Trailer. Good Luck guys see you on Sunday. Call if you have any questions Del 815 365 2103